Enjoy Pepperoni Pizza Flavor Gluten Free! Use whole eggs or egg whites as a substitute “pizza crust”. Then add the savory combination of pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. The individual eggs are easy to handle and economical to make.
Course Appetizer, Entrée, Snack
- 8 Large eggs or Egg whites
- 6 Tbs Pizza sauce
- 3 Tbs Pepperoni diced into small pieces
- 6 tsp Italian blend or Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 8 Eggourmet® pans need at least a 10” skillet with lid
- Butter or oil your Eggourmet® pans with a light coating.
- Follow the Easy Boil™ instructions and place 1 cup of water into your skillet.
- Put the pans into the skillet.
- Place ¼ cup of egg whites or one fresh egg white into each of the 8 pans in the skillet.
- Cover with a lid.
- Cook on medium heat for 14 minutes. Turn the eggs over onto a plate. Remove and cool slightly.
- Mix the pepperoni and sauce together in a microwave safe bowl, cook for 10 to 20 seconds on high in the microwave.
- Place a Tbs of the pepperoni sauce mixture on the top of each egg (use the indention), and ¾ tsp of shredded cheese.
Did you know? A regular store purchased pizza averages just over 2 lbs. Double this recipe and you equal the weight of a pizza. Two egg-whites with toppings are approximately equal to a slice of pizza and are gluten-free.
Like more toppings? Sauté small amounts of your favorites and add to the top of the egg, before you add the cheese.
It’s amazing how small amounts of these ingredients make delicious pizza and eggs!